18352. JUDGES CHAPTER 6
(PLEASE MEDITATE ON 40 VERSES OF THE WHOLE CHAPTER 6 OF JUDGES)
1. And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD: and the LORD delivered them into the hand of Midian SEVEN YEARS. 2. And the hand of Midian prevailed against Israel: and because of the Midianites the children of Israel made them the dens which are in the mountains, and caves, and strong holds. 3. And so it was, when Israel had sown, that the Midianites came up, and the Amalekites, and the children of the east, even they came up against them; 4. And they encamped against them, and destroyed the increase of the earth, till thou come unto Gaza, and left no sustenance for Israel, neither sheep, nor ox, nor ass. 5. For they came up with their cattle and their tents, and they came as grasshoppers for multitude; for both they and their camels were without number: and they entered into the land to destroy it. 6. And Israel was greatly impoverished because of the Midianites; and the children of Israel cried unto the LORD.
7. And it came to pass, when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD because of the Midianites, 8. That the LORD sent a prophet unto the children of Israel, which said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I brought you up from Egypt, and brought you forth out of the house of bondage; 9. And I delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of all that oppressed you, and drave them out from before you, and gave you their land; 10. And I said unto you, I am the LORD your God; fear not the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but ye have not obeyed my voice.
11. And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abiezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites. 12. And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of Valour. 13. And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord, if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles which our fathers told us of, saying, Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt? but now the LORD hath forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites.
14. And the LORD looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?
15. And he said unto him, Oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? BEHOLD, MY FAMILY IS POOR IN MANASSEH, AND I AM THE LEAST IN MY FATHER’S HOUSE.
16. And the LORD said unto him, Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man. 17. And he said unto him, If now I have found grace in thy sight, then shew me a sign that thou talkest with me. 18. Depart not hence, I pray thee, until I come unto thee, and bring forth my present, and set it before thee. And he said, I will tarry until thou come again. 19. And Gideon went in, and made ready a kid, and unleavened cakes of an ephah of flour: the flesh he put in a basket, and he put the broth in a pot, and brought it out unto him under the oak, and presented it. 20. And the angel of God said unto him, Take the flesh and the unleavened cakes, and lay them upon this rock, and pour out the broth. And he did so. 21. Then the angel of the LORD put forth the end of the staff that was in his hand, and touched the flesh and the unleavened cakes; and there rose up fire out of the rock, and consumed the flesh and the unleavened cakes. Then the angel of the LORD departed out of his sight. 22. And when Gideon perceived that he was an angel of the LORD, Gideon said, Alas, O Lord GOD! for because I have seen an angel of the LORD face to face. 23. And the LORD said unto him, Peace be unto thee; fear not: thou shalt not die. 24. Then Gideon built an altar there unto the LORD, and called it Jehovahshalom: unto this day it is yet in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.
25. And it came to pass THE SAME NIGHT, that the LORD said unto him, Take thy father’s young bullock, even the second bullock of seven years old, and THROW DOWN THE ALTAR OF BAAL THAT THY FATHER HATH, AND CUT DOWN THE GROVE THAT IS BY IT: 26. And build an altar unto the LORD thy God upon the top of this rock, in the ordered place, and take the second bullock, and offer a burnt sacrifice with the wood of the grove which thou shalt cut down. 27. Then Gideon took ten men of his servants, and did as the LORD had said unto him: and so it was, because he feared his father’s household, and the men of the city, that he could not do it by day, that he did it by night.
28. And when the men of the city arose early in the morning, behold, the altar of Baal was cast down, and the grove was cut down that was by it, and the second bullock was offered upon the altar that was built. 29. And they said one to another, Who hath done this thing? And when they inquired and asked, they said, Gideon the son of Joash hath done this thing.
30. Then the men of the city said unto Joash, Bring out thy son, that he may die: because he hath cast down the altar of Baal, and because he hath cut down the grove that was by it.
31. And Joash said unto all that stood against him, Will ye plead for Baal? will ye save him? he that will plead for him, let him be put to death whilst it is yet morning: if he be a god, let him plead for himself, because one hath cast down his altar. 32. Therefore on that day he called him Jerubbaal, saying, Let Baal plead against him, because he hath thrown down his altar.
33. Then all the Midianites and the Amalekites and the children of the east were gathered together, and went over, and pitched in the valley of Jezreel.
34. But the Spirit of the LORD came upon Gideon, and he blew a trumpet; and Abiezer was gathered after him. 35. And he sent messengers throughout all Manasseh; who also was gathered after him: and he sent messengers unto Asher, and unto Zebulun, and unto Naphtali; and they came up to meet them.
36. And Gideon said unto God, If thou wilt save Israel by mine hand, as thou hast said, 37. Behold, I will put a fleece of wool in the floor; and if the dew be on the fleece only, and it be dry upon all the earth beside, then shall I know that thou wilt save Israel by mine hand, as thou hast said. 38. And it was so: for he rose up early on the morrow, and thrust the fleece together, and wringed the dew out of the fleece, a bowl full of water.
39. And Gideon said unto God, Let not thine anger be hot against me, and I will speak but this once: let me prove, I pray thee, but this once with the fleece; let it now be dry only upon the fleece, and upon all the ground let there be dew. 40. And God did so that night: for it was dry upon the fleece only, and there was dew on all the ground.
1. DO YOU FEEL HELPLESS AND FEARFUL LIKE GIDEON WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE OVERWHELMING ODDS AGAINST YOU IN LIFE? HE SAID: “… BEHOLD, MY FAMILY IS POOR IN MANASSEH, AND I AM THE LEAST IN MY FATHER’S HOUSE…” (JUDGES 6:15)
2. WHAT IS YOUR OWN EXCUSE FOR FAILURE AND HELPLESSNESS IN LIFE?
HAVE YOU RESIGNED TO FICKLE FATE AND GIVEN UP YOUR FAITH IN GOD TO TURN AROUND THOSE MISFORTUNES THAT STARES YOU IN THE FACE? HOLD ON TO JUDGES CHAPTER 6, FOR IT HOLDS THE MYSTERY THAT TERMINATES YOUR BONDAGES AND CHANGE YOUR GENEALOGY FROM ADVERSITY TO PROSPERITY IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME
3. I DON’T KNOW HOW LONG YOUR OWN MISERY AND MISFORTUNES HAVE LASTED, BUT I KNOW ISRAEL SUFFERED UNDER THE YOKE OF MIDIANITES AND AMALEKITES FOR SEVEN YEARS BEFORE GOD CALLED GIDEON AND SENT HIM TO DELIVER ISRAEL FROM CRUEL SERVITUDE. HOW CAN GOD SEND A POWERLESS, HELPLESS, AND FEARFUL MAN TO DELIVER A NATION FROM. SLAVERY? LAY YOUR RIGHT 🖐️ HAND ON YOUR HEAD AND SAY THESE PRAYERS:
(i). MY FATHER, BAPTIZE ME WITH THE SPIRIT OF FEARLESSNESS THAT TERMINATES MY POWERLESSNESS, IN THE NAME OF JESUS
(ii). MY FATHER, EVACUATE COMPLETELY ALL MY HELPLESSNESS WITH YOUR SPIRIT OF BOLDNESS AND FEARLESSNESS, IN THE NAME OF JESUS
(iii). EVERY EXCUSE FOR FAILURE AND POVERTY IN ANY AREA OF MY LIFE AND FAMILY, I DROWN YOU TO DEATH NOOOOOOWWWWWW IN THE RIVER OF THE BLOOD 🩸 🩸 🩸 OF JESUS, IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME
(iv). EVERY ALTAR OF FAILURE, STAGNATION, ADVERSITIES, AND MISFORTUNES OF MY FATHER’S AND MOTHER’S HOUSE, I PULL DOWN YOUR STRONGHOLDS AND UTTERLY DESTROY YOUR CHAINS ⛓ 🔗 ⛓ OVER MY LIFE AND FAMILY, IN THE NAME OF JESUS
(v). EVERY HAND OF ADVERSITY PREVAILING AGAINST MY LIFE AND FAMILY BECAUSE OF MY ADVERSARIES (JUDGES 6:2), DRY UP NOOOOOOWWWWWW AND BE SHATTERED TO PIECES AND SCATTER UNTO DESOLATION, IN THE NAME OF JESUS
(vi). EVERY HAND OF MISFORTUNES CHOKING THE BREATH OF PROSPERITY OUT THE LUNGS OF MY DESTINY AND FAMILY, I CUT YOU OFF BY THE SWORD ⚔ OF VENGEANCE IN THE NAME OF JESUS
(vii). POWERS OF DISPOSSESSION AND OCCUPATION, THAT DROVE MY DESTINY AND FAMILY TO LIVE IN CAVES, HOVELS, JUNGLES, WILDERNESS, OF SLUMS, DUNGHILLS, AND DENS (JUDGES 6:2), I CHASE AND EVACUATE YOU OUT OF MY DESTINY’S PROMISED LAND WITH THE ARMY OF HORNETS (EXODUS 23:28), IN THE NAME OF JESUS (PRAY THIS 7TH PRAYER SEVEN VIOLENT TIMES)
4. THERE ARE SOME PRAYERS AND HEART DESIRES THAT GOD WON’T ANSWER US UNLESS WE FIRST CHANGE OUR GENEALOGY OF ADVERSITIES (PSALM 11:3) – “If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?”
5. MANY PEOPLE FIGHT BATTLES WITHOUT WINNING BECAUSE THEY DID NOT FIRST UPROOT AND OVERTHREW THE FOUNDATION OF HELPLESSNESS TROUBLING THEIR LINEAGE AND ANCESTRY.
6. BEFORE GOD COULD HELP GIDEON OUT OF HIS HELPLESSNESS, GOD HAD TO COMMAND HIM TO UPROOT AND PULL DOWN THE ALTARS OF HIS FATHER’S HOUSE (JUDGES 6:25). THERE ARE THINGS GOD WON’T DO FOR US UNTIL WE FIRST DO IT BY OURSELVES. GOD WANTS US TO BE COMMITTED TO OUR DELIVERANCE BY TAKING THE FIRST STEP FIRST BEFORE HE BACKS US UP.
7. GOD HAS A FORMULA CALLED: “P.H.T”. IT MEANS – “… PHYSICIAN, HEAL THYSELF…” (LUKE 4:23).
GOD DID NOT THROW DOWN THE ALTARS OF BAAL OF GIDEON’S FATHER’S HOUSE. HE HAD TO COMMAND GIDEON TO DO THAT FIRST. IF YOU WANT TO DELIVER THE WHOLE NATION OF ISRAEL FROM BONDAGE OF SERVITUDE TO MIDIANITES, FIRST DELIVER YOURSELF FROM THE SLAVERY TO IDOLATRY OF YOUR FATHER’S HOUSE!
8. EVERY COVENANT OF HAS TWO SIDES. WHEN YOU DO YOUR SIDE FIRST, GOD WILL THEN PERFORM HIS SIDE. GIDEON HAD TO OVERTHROW THE IDOLATRY OF HIS FATHER’S HOUSE FIRST, BEFORE HE COULD OVERTHROW THE CRUEL REGIME OF MIDIAN AND AMALEK OVER THE NATION OF ISRAEL.
9. EVERY POWER OF IMPOVERISHMENT FIGHTING AGAINST MY DESTINY AND PROSPERITY, I COMMAND YOU TO BE DROWNED NOOOOOOWWWWWW IN THE RIVER OF THE BLOOD 🩸 🩸 🩸 OF JESUS, IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME
10. POWERS SWALLOWING MY INCREASE AND MY SUSTENANCE: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! VOMIT MY BLESSINGS NOOOOOOWWWWWW AND PERISH BY FIIIIIRRRREEEEE 🔥 🔥 🔥 IN THE NAME OF JESUS.