18351. 1 KINGS 3:4-15:
4. And the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there; for that was the great high place: a thousand burnt offerings did Solomon offer upon that altar.
5. In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.
6. And Solomon said, Thou hast shewed unto thy servant David my father great mercy, according as he walked before thee in truth, and in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for him this great kindness, that thou hast given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day.
7. And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I AM BUT A LITTLE CHILD: I know not how to go out or come in.
8. And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.
9. Give therefore thy servant AN UNDERSTANDING HEART to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?
10. And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.
11. And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment;
12. Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee A WISE AND AN UNDERSTANDING HEART; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.
13. And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days.
14. And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.
15. And SOLOMON AWOKE; and, BEHOLD, IT WAS A DREAM. And he came to Jerusalem, and stood before the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and offered up burnt offerings, and offered peace offerings, and made a feast to all his servants.
1. WHY DO GOD ALWAYS WAIT TILL NIGHT SEASON BEFORE HE MANIFESTS? PLEASE, DON’T MISUNDERSTAND ME. I AM NOT SAYING GOD DOES NOT MANIFEST DURING DAYTIME. BUT MANY OF HIS DAYTIME MANIFESTATIONS WERE CONCEIVED AND ORCHESTRATED IN THE NIGHT SEASONS.
2. A MAN SACRIFICED A THOUSAND BURNT OFFERINGS UNTO GOD DURING THE DAY. GOD KEPT QUIET AND DIDN’T RESPOND, BUT WAITED UNTIL NIGHT TIME BEFORE HE APPEARED TO SOLOMON IN A DREAM.
WHAT DOES THAT SAY OF GOD’S CHARACTER? IT MEANS GOD IS THE GOD OF PATIENCE AND TESTS. GOD SETS EXAMS, EVEN WHEN WE PASS THE EXAMS, GOD MAY DELAY THE RESULTS TO FURTHER TEST OUR PATIENCE OF FAITH (JAMES 1:2-4). ONLY THOSE WHO PASSED THAT EXAM ARE PROMOTED INTO THE PALACE OF OVERWHELMING ABUNDANCE, CALLED: “LACKING NOTHING” (JAMES 1:4)
3. THE SECRETS OF SOLOMON WAS IN DAVID HIS FATHER. KING DAVID MUST HAVE TAUGHT HIM THE MYSTERY OF POSITIVE DIVINE PROVOCATION. HE MUST HAVE TOLD HIM THAT IF YOU WANT TO ARREST GOD’S ATTENTION, YOU MUST DO SOMETHING PLEASING TO HIM WHICH YOU HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE.
4. LISTEN 👂 TO THIS ONE. SOLOMON CONFESSED THAT HE WAS A LITTLE CHILD (1 KINGS 3:7). THIS IS EXEMPLARY HUMILITY. HOW CAN A 30-YEAR OLD MAN CALL HIMSELF A “LITTLE CHILD”? A KING OVER A GREAT AND MIGHTY KINGDOM SAYS HE IS BUT A LITTLE CHILD! WHY DID HE DEBASE HIMSELF BEFORE GOD? HUMILITY AND CONSECRATION ALWAYS TRIGGER THE MYSTERY LADDER OF UNFATHOMABLE PROMOTIONS.
5. STOP BRAGGING ABOUT YOUR SPIRITUALITY. HOW YOU PRAY AND FAST AND GAVE BIG TITHES AND OFFERINGS SHOULD NOT BE A SUBJECT OF BOASTINGS. GOD DOES NOT REWARD EGO AND WORKS. PSALM 51:16-19 “For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem. Then shalt thou be pleased with the SACRIFICES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.”
6. MANY CHRISTIANS DON’T KNOW THAT RIGHTEOUSNESS IS A SACRIFICE! (PSALM 4:5). OBEDIENCE IS A BETTER SACRIFICE! (1 SAMUEL 15:22). CONSECRATION IS A SACRIFICE GREATER THAN FASTING AND OFFERINGS AND TITHES. GOD LOVES SACRIFICES. ANY DAY, ANY TIME, THE RIGHT SACRIFICE WILL ALWAYS PROVOKE GOD’S MANIFESTATIONS IN THE LIFE OF THE BELIEVER.
7. A WISE AND UNDERSTANDING HEART DELIVERS AUTOMATIC CROWN UPON YOUR HEAD (PROVERBS 4:9). IT MAY NOT BE VISIBLE, BUT YOU WILL SHINE BY WISDOM, AND RULE BY UNDERSTANDING. JOB DID NOT WEAR A VISIBLE CROWN 👑 BUT HE WAS KING OVER A VAST TERRITORY WITH AUTHORITY, PROSPERITY, POWER, HONOUR, FAME, AND SPLENDOUR. ALL OF THAT CAME BY WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING.
8. MY FATHER, YOU’RE THE ONLY WISE GOD (JUDE 1:25), USHER ME INTO MY PALACE OF DISCERNMENT AND MANIFESTATIONS THIS SEASON, ENTHRONE ME BY YOUR UNFATHOMABLE WISDOM, AND CROWN 👑 ME WITH YOUR UNRIVALLED UNDERSTANDING, IN THE NAME OF JESUS
9. MY FATHER, IN THIS YEAR OF JACOB’S LADDER AND COVENANT ESCAPE, SHOW ME THE SECRET COVENANTS THAT WILL RELEASE THE LADDERS 🪜🪜🪜OF GLORY TO ASCEND TO MY *PALACE OF SPLENDOUR AND ABUNDANCE, IN THE NAME OF JESUS
10. MY FATHER LET THE TALIA OF WISDOM CONTINUALLY AND PERPETUALLY FALL UPON MY LIFE EVERY NIGHT, AND LET THY MANNA SPEAK PERMANENT SUPPLIES INTO MY LIFE IN THE NAME OF JESUS.