10. And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran.
11. And he lighted upon a certain place, and TARRIED THERE ALL NIGHT, because the sun was set; and HE TOOK OF THE STONES OF THAT PLACE, AND PUT THEM FOR HIS PILLOWS, and lay down in that place to sleep.
12. And he dreamed, and BEHOLD A LADDER 🪜SET UP ON THE EARTH, AND THE TOP OF IT REACHED TO HEAVEN: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.
13. And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;
14. And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.
15. And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.
16. And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not.
17. And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.
1. I DON’T KNOW WHAT KIND OF SITUATION YOU’RE GOING THROUGH NOW, BUT WHAT KIND OF DEPRIVATIONS AND HARDSHIP WOULD MAKE A MAN CARRY STONES, AND USE THEM AS PILLOWS TO SLEEP ALL NIGHT?
2. HAVE YOU EVER USED STONES FOR PILLOWS AT NIGHT TO SLEEP ON? IF YOUR SITUATION HAS NOT GOTTEN WORSE TO THAT EXTENT, THEN THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU (JOB 14:7) “For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.”
3. USING STONE FOR PILLOWS MEANS THERE WERE NO EXTRA CLOTHES THAT COULD BE FOLDED AND USED AS ALTERNATIVE PILLOWS. IT ALSO MEANS A STATE OF DESPAIR, WEARINESS, AND EXHAUSTION. THAT SCRIPTURE SAID, JACOB SLEPT ALL NIGHT. THAT MEANS, HE WAS TOO TIRED AND EXHAUSTED TO NOTICE THE NIGHTMARE AND UTTER DISCOMFORT OF A STONE-PILLOW.
4. CAN YOU SLEEP SOUNDLY AND ALL-NIGHT ON A PILLOW STONE AND NOT HAVE NIGHTMARE DREAMS? 😭 TONIGHT WE’RE GOING TO PRAY FOR GOD TO TURN THE STONE-PILLOW SITUATIONS OF OUR LIVES INTO MIDNIGHT DEW ENCOUNTERS, IN THE NAME OF JESUS
5. EVERY PILLOW OF TEARS (PSALM 6:6) TROUBLING MY PEACE AND MY JOY, BE CONVERTED INTO PILLOW OF TALIA ENCOUNTERS NOOOOOOWWWWWW, IN THE NAME OF JESUS
6. EVERY PILLOW OF WEEPING 😭😭😭 (ISAIAH 16:9) AND NIGHTMARES IN MY LIFE, BE CONVERTED TO PILLOWS OF HEAVENLY MIDNIGHT DEWS AND TRIUMPHANT SHOUTS FOR JOY, IN THE NAME OF JESUS
7. EVERY PILLOW OF SORROWS AND SHADOWS OF DEATH (JOB 16:16) HARASSING MY DESTINY, BE CONVERTED TO THE PILLOWS OF THE SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY (PSALM 91:1), IN THE NAME OF JESUS
8. EVERY PILLOW OF THE FOOD OF SORROWS (PSALM 42:3), SAYING WHERE IS THY GOD EVERY NIGHT TO MY EARS 👂 👂, I COMMAND YOU TO SHUT UP AND BE PERMANENTLY SILENCED IN DISGRACE FOREVER, IN THE NAME OF JESUS
9. EVERY PILLOW OF ASHES AND MOURNING (PSALM 102:9), FEEDING MY DREAM LIFE, AND DREAMLAND, GO BACK AND FEED YOUR OWNERS AND SENDERS WITH UNTIMELY DEATH NOOOOOOWWWWWW IN THE NAME OF JESUS
10. EVERY PILLOW OF ENDLESS SORROWS (LAMENTATIONS 3:49), TROUBLING MY LIFE AND FAMILY, BE CONVERTED NOW INTO THE PILLOWS OF ENDLESS JOY, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.