THE POWER OF INTERCESSION – Dunamis Devotional (Friday, 16 December 2016) – By Dr. Paul Enenche
SCRIPTURE: And the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before. Job 42:10
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Intercession is the sacrifice of personal concern and where God sees sacrifice, fire must fall.
Intercession is selfless praying. It is a form of prayer where self is not the focus. It is either praying for the Kingdom, the salvation of souls, the nation, a family member or a friend who has a challenge. Intercession is the sacrifice of personal concern and where God sees sacrifice, fire must fall. It is a seed sown that brings reward to the intercessor. Intercessory praying is a booster of prayer life.
Now, what are the benefits of intercession?
1. Intercession by man provokes intervention from God, both for the intercessor and the person being interceded for.
2. Your concern for others provokes God’s concern for you. Life is a seed; what a man sows, he reaps.
3. Intercession is the peak of the expression of love. You will never lose when you walk the path of love.
Keys to effective intercession
1. Intercede with full passion and genuine compassion. Pray for your neighbour like you would pray for yourself.
2. Intercede with the help and sensitivity of the Holy Spirit. Pray in tongues when you do not know what to pray anymore.
Remember this: Intercession is the sacrifice of personal concern, and where God sees sacrifice, fire must fall.
1. Identify someone who is in the same situation as you and begin to intercede for that person.
PRAYER: O LORD, I ask for the grace to stand in the gap for others in Jesus’ Name.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: PRAYER BOOSTERS (PART 5).
QUOTE: If you will do for God what you can do for Him, then He will do for you what you cannot do for yourself. Culled from ALABASTER BOX by Dr. Becky Enenche.
DAILY READING: Micah 5:1 to 7:20, Revelation 7:1 to 17, Psalm 135:1 to 21, Proverbs 30:5 to 6
TODAY IN HISTORY: 16/12/1969 – The British House of Commons voted 343-185 to abolish the death penalty in England.
AMAZING FACT: Hot water is heavier than cold water.
DO NOT FORGET TO ATTEND: The Home Church meeting by 6:00pm tomorrow at a Home Church near you. Remember to invite friends and neighbours. God bless you.
THE CLOUD OF GLORY IS MOVING, COME WITH YOUR PRAYER REQUESTS AND JOIN OUR EFFECTUAL, FERVENT AND RIGHTEOUS PRAYER LINE AT WHATSHAPP NUMBER +234 807 168 5531, SEND YOUR WHATSHAPP NUMBER, NAME, GENDER AND COUNTRY TO OUR WHATSHAPP PRAYER LINE TO ENLIST YOU IN MIDNIGHT ARMY OF THE LORD, MAY THE LORD MEET YOU AT THE POINT OF YOUR NEEDS AS YOU JOIN IN JESUS NAME. AMEN!
Follow us: SEND MESSAGE TO PRAYERS FIRE on WHATSAPP | PRAYERS FIRE on LINKEDIN | PRAYERS FIRE on INSTAGRAM | JOIN PRAYERSFIRE on TELEGRAM | PRAYERS FIRE on YOUTUBE | @PRAYERSFIRE on TWITTER | PRAYERS FIRE on FACEBOOK)
SOURCE: DUNAMIS GOSPEL
Be the first to comment on "THE POWER OF INTERCESSION – Dunamis Devotional (Friday, 16 December 2016) – By Dr. Paul Enenche"