RCCG NOVEMBER, 2016 MONTHLY NATIONAL HOLY GHOST SERVICE
THEME: HELPERS OF DESTINY
Bible Passage: Isaiah 41:10-13: “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.”
Ministering: Pastor E. A. ADEBOYE
HOLY GHOST CONGRESS – Dec. 5-10, 2016
Theme: COMPLETE RESTORATION
WHAT IS DESTINY?
Destiny simply means the plan of God for your life. The purpose for which He created you.
God never creates anyone without a purpose – Jer. 1:4-5.
God is a Master Planner. He is an Architect. Before He builds, He draws a plan.
Romans 9:17 – He created Pharaoh to demonstrate His glory.
Luke 1:13-17 – Before John the Baptist was conceived, God said He shall be great.
You are not in the world by accident. God had a purpose called DESTINY.
DIFFERENT THINGS CAN HAPPEN TO A MAN’S DESTINY
There can be alterations to a plan by the owner after an architect must have drawn it. Ps. 33:11
Ps. 115:3 – Our God is in the heavens, He does as He pleases.
There is the sovereignty of God and the freewill of man. These can affect a person’s Destiny.
Man can decide what s/he wants. Ezk. 33:13-16 –
1) the righteous, sin and death,
2) the wicked, repentance, restitution, and life.
1. Destiny can be aborted – Gen. 4:1-8 – Abel was killed by his brother, Cain. Abel’s Destiny was aborted.
1 Sam. 15:22-28 – Saul was the first king in Israel but he disobeyed God and his Destiny was aborted.
Acts 1:15-20 – Judas Iscariot.
2. Destiny can be destroyed. 1Sam. 31:6- when King Saul died, all his sons died the same day including Jonathan. The Destiny of Jonathan was destroyed because of his father’s sin.
3. Destiny can be truncated i.e. cut short – 1Sam. 2:30 – God tore His plan for Eli’s family.
4. Destiny can be redeemed. That is, if lost it can be got back. Somebody helped you to buy it back. Mk. 5:1-20- the madman of Gadarene.
5. Destiny can be restored – Dan. 4:1-end. – King Nebuchadnezzar who became an animal for seven years but was restored. He even preserved his throne.
6. Destiny can be reversed positively – Levi was cursed but God cancelled the curse – Gen. 49:1-7, Num. 3:5-13.
7. Destiny can be helped – 2Kgs. 5:1-14- Naaman. God sent helpers of Destiny to Naaman. They were many – a) a maid (a slave girl captured in battle who was an enemy), b) the wife (the relative), c) the king who happened to be a friend of Naaman, d) Elisha ( a man of God), e) servants (Elisha’s and Naaman’s) and f) God (He was behind all of this.
The one that helped the Destiny of Naaman most was Naaman himself.
SECTION B (THIS IS ALSO THE PRAYER SESSION)
GOD WILL HELP MY DESTINY.
He can use:
1. Relatives to help my Destiny – Moses – Ex. 2:1-3 (the mother started) 4-9 (the sister continued). Gen. 27:26-33 (the father of Jacob continued to bless him greatly).
Father, You are the Father of all fathers, command a blessing upon me today.
2. Friends – Jonathan and David – 1 Sam. 20, Prov. 18:24 (a friend that can stick closer than a brother), Prov. 27:10
Father, please put my friends at the position where they will be able to help me,
3. Servants – Naaman’s and Elisha’s -2 Kgs. 5, Gen. 41:1-44 (God used a servant of Pharaoh to help Joseph from prison to become a prime minister). Gen. 50:19-20 – the destiny was to preserve the whole world.
Father, from sources I don’t expect, send help to me.
4. Enemies – Joseph (Gen. 37:13-28), Gen. 39:1-23, 1 Sam. 1:1-6,
Don’t that all your enemies will die.
The enemy that will push you to your destiny is a good enemy.
Father, every enemy I have, let them push me towards my destiny.
5. A servant of God -1Sam. 16:1-13, 1 Kgs. 17:8-16 (the widow of Zarephath and her son would have perished if Elijah had not arrived there on time), 2Kgs. 4:8-17 (the Shunammite woman would have died childless), 2 Kgs. 2:9-15 (God used Elijah to help the Destiny of Elisha).
Father, even if it is a fraction of the anointing upon my father in the Lord, let it flow out to me.
6. God – Ps. 46:1, Ps. 121:1-2. 1Kgs. 19:4-8 (situation became so bad for Elijah that he wanted to die, the Helper of the helpless came to help him). 2Sam. 6:1-12 (Obed-Edom). Ps. 41:10-13 (God can help you).
Father, Helper of the helpless, help my destiny.
7. Help yourself – Gen. 39:7-9 (the destiny of Joseph would have come to an abrupt end if he had committed adultery), 2Kgs. 4:1-7 (if the widow with two sons had not been totally obedient, the two sons would have become slaves). Isa. 1:19. Mal. 3:8-11, Deut. 30:19, Jer. 29:11
Father, I will obey You all the way, just fulfill my Destiny.