BETTER THAN [No. 4 SELF-DECEPTION] – By Anonymous But KNOWN to Christ Jesus
“It is better to be an ordinary person working for a living than to play the part of someone great but go hungry.” (Proverbs 12:9 GNB)
This life will not make meaning to a layabout or a pretender because there is a level or point one gets to that the reality of life will dawn on you and you will finally see who you really are.
There are many who think highly of themselves and act more than who they are. They cannot do some menial work or tasks because they think it is not prestigious enough. At the end of the month, this same people will struggle or beg to pay their bills in order to meet up with personal or family obligations.
Apostle Paul said,
“Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don’t think you are better than who you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourself, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.” (Romans 12:3 NLT),
Why are you trying to impress people all over the place? Or better still, WHO are you trying to impress? You are living a life you cannot sustain for six months. If you keep doing this, you will confuse helpers of your destiny. People who should help you to go forward in life will withhold or divert your blessings because you have given the wrong impression of yourself to them.
Beloved! Come to terms with reality and let God help you to be honest and transparent in life so you can be a blessing to your family and your world. Shalom
MY FOOTNOTE PRAYERS:
1. My Father, let the humility of Christ permeate every aspect of my life in Jesus name.
2. Every trap of satan designed to make me pretend to be who I am not, I set you ablaze in Jesus name.
3. O Lord, empty me of arrogance and self-delusion in Jesus name.
4. Father, I know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God, therefore, deliver my destiny from the grip of Self-Deception, lies and liars in Jesus’ name.
5. Thou power of self-deception and self-delusion reigning in my life: Enough is Enough! be overthrown with your roots from my life by the POWER in the blood of Jesus.
6. Father, deliver me from the power of Laodicean syndrome, deliver me from wallowing in wretched, miserable and blind nakedness which the world called riches and modernism, in Jesus’ name.
7. I plug my life into the socket of effectual fervent POWER of the Holy Spirit, let every spiritual lukewarmness be terminated from my life and family in Jesus name.