Where I live, maybe as much as 70% of people you meet are on anti-depressants or one drug or another because of this dangerous spirit (Oh yes, it is a spirit and it is clearly identified in Scripture!).
The biblical name for depression is, “spirit of heaviness.” It is a dark shadow and burden which envelopes the soul and swallows happiness.
Isaiah 61:3 says… “To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.”
Those under the attack of this spirit feel:
Begin by singing praises and worshipping the LORD
Confess every sin of worry, anxiety and fear and ask for the Lord’s mercy
Then pray like this:
- You dark shadow of the soul, clear away by the blood of Jesus.
- Power of heavy heart, loose your hold upon my life in the name of Jesus.
- Power of heaviness, be dismantled from my soul in the name of Jesus.
- Let the garment of praise replace the spirit of heaviness in my life in Jesus’ name.
- Holy Ghost fire, melt away every darkness of heaviness in my soul, in the name of Jesus.
- I release myself from the power of discouragement in the name of Jesus.
- Power of God, move my life from strength to strength and from glory to glory in Jesus’ name.
- I reject every oppressive spirit hanging on my soul, in the name of Jesus.
- There shall be no more heaviness for my soul in Jesus’ name.
- Let the spirit of heaviness loss its grip upon my spirit man, in the name of Jesus.
- I bind and cast out every spirit of depression from my life in the name of Jesus.
- Fire of God, burn to ashes every garment of heaviness, in the name of Jesus.
- I pull down every masked personality working against my happiness, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power militating against my joy, die immediately in the name of Jesus.
- I bind and cast out every enemy of my full-scale laughter, in the name of Jesus.
- I rise above every evil hand pointing at my joy, in Jesus’ name.
- Every spider of darkness enclosing my heart, clear away by fire in the name of Jesus.
- I dismantle every chain of darkness arresting my freedom in the name of Jesus.
- Every thief that has been stealing from me, loose your power in the name of Jesus.
- I bury forever every yoke of heaviness, in the name of Jesus.
- I drink from the well of salvation in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to be enslaved by the spirit of heaviness in the name of Jesus.
- Every power working against my mental health, be dismantled in the name of Jesus.
- Every burden of darkness enclosing my soul, clear away now, in the mighty name of Jesus