Matthew 13:53-58:“When Jesus had finished these parables, He departed from there. He came to His hometown and began teaching them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, “Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers? “Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? “And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this man get all these things?” And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household.” And He did not do many miracles there because of their unbelief.”
Your hometown is a place of your origin, possibly the place you were born or grew up. It is a familiar place. A place of your little beginnings. Its a place where you have no comeliness, that is a place where you were Mr or Mrs “Nobody”. It is a place of no achievement because being a place where you start your life journeys, you most certainly would have no outstanding accomplishments to showcase at those early period of your life. Most people have to go out or travel out of their serene or sleepy villages to bustling cities in order to become Mr or Mrs “Somebody” in life. Some go for education and learning, others go for trading and commerce. Whatever it is, many come back with substance and achievements to showcase.
It is natural therefore, for your defeats to question your victories, your failures to challenge your successes, your demotion to envy your promotion, your past to threaten your present and future prospects, and your shame to be angry against your honor and glory.
- Every power pointing fingers of disgrace at my destiny, wither with your wicked fingers in the name of Jesus.
- You the powers that despises my youth, fall down and die in the name of Jesus.
- Thou power of unbelief assigned to limit my glorious manifestation, your time is up: Die! in Jesus name.
- You the powers supervising family shame in my lineage, you are a liar, be disgraced and die! in the name of Jesus.
- Home town religion, hometown cultures, hometown strongmeen, tying down my destiny to frustration, enouh is enough, die! die!! die!!! in the name of Jesus.
- Familiar powers of my father’s house, familiar powers of my mother’s house, I am not your candidate of bondage, I declare holy rebellion against you. DIE! DIE!! DIE!!! in the name of Jesus.
- Mocking powers of my father’s house, carry your evil load in the name of Jesus.