We know ourselves more than anyone knows us, and by now , we must know who and what should depart from us. Unfriendly freinds , gossipers, liars and lying, evil heart of unbelief, prayerlessness, unwillingness to fast, anger, lust, and many more should depart from us if we must get to our promised land for this year. The Psalmist cried out against so many things that must depart from him, we must do the same:
1. “Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity; for the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping.” Psalm6:8. If you read verse 9, you will see that God has receive all your prayers and they are receiving attention. But until this people depart, your answers may not get to you. Cry out against them and do it fervently too.
2. “A perverse heart shall depart from me; I will not know wickedness.” Psalm101:4. Read verse5 to see what can perverse your heart. Stop slandering your neighbours, do not have a haughty look, do away with a proud heart. Only the faithfull can walk with God and serve Him. Verse 7 says, “He who works deceit shall not dwell within my house, he who tell lies shall not continue in my presence.”
3. “Depart from me evildoers; for I will keep the commandments of my God.” Psalm119:115. Some friends will tell you “You are too righteous, dont kill yourself”, just ignore them. How can you call such people friends? If you dont ask them to depart, they may pull you down to their evil way. They go the wide way, while you keep the narrow way of salvation. Beware of them. They are the ungodly, the sinners and the scornful referred to in Psalm1:1-3. Let your delight be in the way of the LORD, and make His word your meditation, then whatsoever you lay your hands on shall prosper.
4. “Surely thou will slay the wicked, O God; depart from me therefore , you bloody men.” Psalm139:19. Your continued association with such people can be very dangerous when God wants to slay them. You may be slain with them! Remember how God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. Stop going into different houses to people who are not addition but subtraction to you. Stay in your house and be reading the word. Let God find you doing worthwhile things anytime Jesus comes.
If you have determined to let these people and habits go away from you, join me to pray.
1. Bless the name of the LORD.
2. Anyone who will draw me back from following Jesus, depart from me totally, and never you come back, in the name of Jesus.
3. I release myself from every evil habits that will not let me get to my promised land, in the name of Jesus.
4. I sever myself from every evil association that I have been initiated either consciously or unconsciously, in the name of Jesus.
5. In the name of Jesus, I release the Blood of the Lamb and the fire of the Holy Ghost against anything holding me down to iniquity. (Pray this very well)
6. Father, send me the help of the Holy Spirit, to purge me by fire of every chaff which may remain in me, in the name of Jesus.
7. Thank God for confirming your word and for answering your prayer, in the name of Jesus.
Glory to God. Jesus is Lord!