In the earthly family, some children know how to get things from their parents better than others. The same goes with our heavenly Father.
God requires certain procedures from us before He gives answers to our prayer. Some are listed here:
1. Enter His gates with praises and be thankful to Him and bless His holy name. Psalm100:4.
2. Ask according to His will-His word. 1John5:14
3. Ask in faith, believing that God hears and will do what you ask. Do not waver, do not doubt. Just judge God faithful. Mark11:23,24.
4. Forgiveness is very important in prayer. Before you begin to pray, search your heart and see if there are some people you have not forgiven. Forgive them, and move on with your prayer. Mark 11:25.
5. Walk in love towards everyone in your life. Praying is power and God will not release His power to someone who will abuse it. Live a Christlike life to make you a Christian. Clossians3.
6. Abide in God and let His word abide in you, and whatever you ask shall be done. John15:7
7. Be brief in your prayer. Ecclesiastes5:2. Matthew6:7
Have this confidence that as long as you are an obedient child of God, He will hear you and all your expectations shall be granted. You can add a vow to your prayer like Hannah did. Always take time to listen to Him after prayer. Glory to God. Jesus is Lord!