Anchor Scriptures: Acts of Apostles 3:1-8
Hard Facts About Giving:
- A small gift is better than a big promise that is never fulfilled.
- No one has ever been honoured because of what he has received but people have been honoured because of what they have given. Those who give their lives, sweat and knowledge to do things ge the reward.
- If you refuse to give according to your income, God will make your income to be according to your giving. If you give God beggarly offerings, you would get beggarly income.
- God judges what we give by what we keep.
- When you practice abundant giving, God would give you abundant living. The giving that that many people did in the past is what God is using to buy them their current blessing.
- It is dangerous to practice fake generousity. Giving because someone coaxed you to give would attract no blessing.
- If you give whole heartedly unto the Lord, all other giving would be very easy
- Greatness coms by giving and not by getting.
- Incurable givers are always giving…
- If you give in order to get something, then you are not a giver but a trader… God loves a cheerful giver.
- Proverbs 28:27 says: He that giveth to the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.
- Poor men who pay their tithes and offerings will eventually become rich. Read the history of how turned around Mr. Colgate (owner of colgate toothpaste) from poverty to riches because of his faithful tithing from10% to 90%. Read also the history of turnaroun of Mr. Hide (owner of Mentholatum product) as he tithed 60% of his income.
- Giving to God is transporting your goods to a higher floor, which will give us more reward at a later day.
- Sacrificial giving brings uncommon financial success
- Your approach to money says more about you than any other aspect of your personality.
- Before Abraham could know God as Jehovah Jireh, meaning God is the provider, he had to surrender the most precious thing in his life… He surrendered Isaac…
- Material blessing can become a curse if you hoard it.
- No one is too poor to give to God.
- Money can only buy what is on sale. It can buy bed but not sleep; It can buy books but not brain; It can buy television but not happiness; It can even buy special seat in church but not salvation. So, put that money down to get what is not on sale.
- Giving to God will release your purse from Jusas, but if you do not give, Judas will completely be in charge.
CHARACTERISTICS OF BEAUTIFUL GATE CHRISTIANS:
- They are only interested in what the church can do for them.
- They make no attempt to grow in Christ.
- They become destruction to other Christians.
- They have no time for the things of God, they are too busy with their work. They are Sunday-Sunday Christians, and come late to church, God is last on their agenda.
- My Father, change my life to that of a giver, in Jesus’ name.
- Rage of devourers, clear away from my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Power of Judas pursuing my money,DIE! in the name of Jesus.
- Every power manipulating my life into poverty, DIE! in the name of Jesus.
- O God that answereth by fire, over answer my prayer of prosperity, in the name of Jesus.