You must be very attentive because this is not the kind of message you hear often. In Luke 4:18, Jesus said: “… the Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, … heal the broken hearted, … preach deliverance to the captives, … recovery of sight to the blind, … to set at liberty them that are bruised, … and preach the acceptable year of the Lord…”
The first thing that anointing did was to break the backbone of poverty. When He said ‘the poor’ he means the poor in all ramifications: spiritually poor, physically poor, martially poor, materially poor, financially poor, mentally poor, etc.
2 Corinthians 8:9 – “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, for though He was rich, yet for your sakes, He became poor, that you through His poverty may be rich.” When you talk about finances, you are talking about MONEY.
WHAT IS MONEY?
MONEY is the most acceptable form of exchange. Money is controlled by a spirit called mammon. Until we know how to deal with it, we cannot enjoy true riches. Money has caging influence, it has turned itself to the greatest idol, majority of people in this world have been captured by the school of money worshippers.
Many have gone to places they should not have gone because of money. Many have eaten and swallowed what they should not really have eaten or swallowed because of money. Many have been suffering in strange lands because of money. Money is a deceiver and could give you sicknesses that nobody can remove. Money has deceived many girls into breaking their virginity in shame, and sell their bodies.
Money has made many people to suck human blood, it has even changed the vision of so many great men of God today. As I am standing here now, I have a long list of so-called men of God that money has destroyed their calling. Money has also destroyed many destinies. Money can put you in direct confrontation destiny.
That is why a man could kill his own wife or his own mother for ritual in order to be rich. No wonder the Bible says, “It is the blessing of the Lord that maketh rich and added no sorrow to it”. Quick money is quick death, but when you are hard-working, and you are patient, God will bless you and you will not gather the wealth of sorrow.
Money has a voice and to listen to its voice is to marry a cobra. Money is an ancient power, and its strong and deceitful. Money controls fools and make them to do all kinds of evil things. Most times if you find people fighting in a church, and the church splits into two or three, you can be sure that it is not far-fetched from money.
The first deliverance many people need is the deliverance from the grip of the spirit of mammon. Financial deliverance means seven things:
1. Freedom from debt.
2. Eating what you want and not just what you see.
3. Not being dependent on your parents or others for your livelihood or sustenance.
4. Adequate provision for yourself and your family.
5. Having basic needs of life – (food shelter clothing and health) met.
6. Having more income than expenditure.
7. Being able to lend and not borrow.
WHY WE NEED FINANCIAL DELIVERANCE
1. To have a full and a fulfilled life.
2. To manifest the glory of God.
3. To appropriate your redemption rights.
4. The destinies of many people are attached to ours, and we need to carry their burden.
5. To be able to further the things of God’s kingdom.
6. Because poverty is demonic and it is a killer. Do you know that millions of people die of malaria every year just because of poverty? If poverty is removed malaria will stop killing people. Somebody who is supposed to buy insecticide but cannot afford it because of poverty.
7. To lay up treasures for ourselves in heaven.
If you will pray with holy violence and holy anger, the chain of debt the enemy has tied around your necks will be broken. You need to aggressively demand your financial freedom because if you are not financially free, you are not free indeed, no matter how big your idea is. You cannot succeed without money, and if you allow the devil to steal your money, he can paralyse your life. If you don’t tie down what God has given you, the enemy will take it away.
It is a tragedy when you are supposed to be a mountain-mover but the hands with which to move the mountain has been cut-off by poverty. There was a woman I met in U.S.A. if she were standing here now, and someone is broke and you want to know who to go to beg for money, with the way she looks and carries herself, she would be the one you will go to, but she doesn’t have one cent. Anywhere she goes, they believe she is very rich; in fact people go to her to borrow money but they are now surprised when she says, “I have not eaten breakfast.” The anointing for wealth is upon her but the enemy has buried it. Can you close your eyes and shout this prayer loud and clear:
Every power, anointed to bury my wealth, you are a liar, DIE! in the name of Jesus.
1. My wealth buried in the earth, come forth! in the name of Jesus.
2. Every arrow of witchcraft, fired into my prosperity, DIE! in the name of Jesus.
3. Garments of poverty, CATCH FIRE! in the name of Jesus.
4. You financial killer of my father’s house, I am not your candidate, therefore, DIE! in the name of Jesus.
5. You financial killer of my mother’s house, I am not your candidate, therefore, DIE! in the name of Jesus.
6. Expected and unexpected financial breakthroughs, LOCATE ME BY FIRE! in the name of Jesus.
7. Poverty activator dream, hear the WORD of the Lord, S-C-A-T-T-E-R! in the name of Jesus.
8. Every virtue of my life, buried by household wickedness, come out by fire! in the name of Jesus.
9. O heavens over my prosperity, OPEN BY FIRE! in the name of Jesus.
10. O wealth, JUMP OUT of the habitation of the wicked, and LOCATE ME NOW! in the name of Jesus.
11. Angels of the living God, PURSUE WEALTH INTO MY HANDS in the name of Jesus.
12. I ATTACK my lack with the SWORD OF FIRE! in the name of Jesus.
13. I REMOVE my name from the book of financial embarrassment, in the name of Jesus.
14. I BIND the spirit of DEBT; I SHALL NOT BORROW TO EAT, in the name of Jesus.
15. I retrieve my purse from the hand of Judas, in the name of Jesus.
16. Let divine magnet of prosperity be planted in my hands, in the name of Jesus.
17. I BIND every word spoken against my breakthroughs, in the name of Jesus.
18. I TAKE OVER the WEALTH of the Gentiles, in the name of Jesus.
19. Lord Jesus, as from today, hold my purse, in the name of Jesus.