Prayer of Intercession
Prayer of Intercession is the prayer we offer on behalf of others, be they individuals, groups of people, cities, or countries. You have prayed for yourself, your familymembers and your business for so long. It is time to look beyond yourself for a while and pray for others. God is looking for intercessors.
“And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found none”. Ezekiel22:30.
Job prayed for his friends. Read Job 42:10, before God turned his captivity. Perhaps God is waiting to see how much you value others, and how much you can help them before he releases that blessing to you. Abraham also interceded for Sodom and Gomorrah, Read Genesis18:16-33. I want you to take note of verse 19. Another great intercessor was Anna, who was in the temple, and served God with fasting and praying, night and day. Read Luke2:37, 38. This widow was about 84years. So you are not too old to serve God. Serve God with prayer of intercession, in case you do not know how to serve God.
There are also modern day intercessors whose main calling is just to intercede for nations, revivals, downpouring of the Holy Spirit, and redemption of mankind from decadence, and revival in churches. John Abiola, an intercessor, lamented in his book, The Five Fold Ministries, Spiritual Power and the Intercessory Ministry, “Oh!..Where are intercessors like Anna…..who will stay in their prayer closets, interceding day and night until righteousness rules his nation”. Some people stood in gap for all those developed countries you love to live in. You can do the same for your developing country.
God hates murmuring and complaining; each time you see a situation which you think should not be so, what God expects of you is to pray about it. Every country of the world has its share of challenges. Some countries and individuals are even walking away from God delibrately, PRAY FOR THEM. That is what intercession is all about, praying for others.
Points of Praying For Others
1. Pray that the kingdom of God comes into your country, leaders and the lives of people. Where the kingdom of God is, there will be peace and harmony and progress. “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2.)For kings, and for all that are in authority: that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty”. 1Timothy2:1,2.
2. Pray for the unbelievers to accept Jesus Christ into their lives. God can remove the heart of stone and put a heart of flesh in them so that the gospel will gain entrance into their hearts. Read Ezekiel11:19,20.
3. Pray for weak believers, that their faith does not fail and that God strengthens them. Jesus prayed this prayer in Luke22:32
4. Pray for your enemies. This is commanded by Jesus, so we cannot sidetrack it. “Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.” Luke6:28. Your fuming boss in the office needs prayer. That junior officer who always does his own thing also needs your prayers.
5. Pray for the Church. The Bible tells us that the gate of hell shall not prevail against the churh. The kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. Where there is no power, hell will be having a field day. All the churches need the refilling of the Holy Spirit, daily. We need fresh oil and fresh power always.
We still have so many things to pray for, so when you see the need for them. PRAY.
We also have many things to pray against, PRAY.
6. Pray against satanic attacks on church members. Neutralise evil power with the Blood of Jesus.
7. Pray against distractions of church leaders. Break the power of distraction on their paths of life. There is the need to focus on their assignments instead of on mundane things.
Rewards of an Intercessor: There are so many rewards, but I will wrap them up into two.
1. Intercessors work in secret, paying attention to the things of God, God also pays attention to their things, rewarding them openly. Matthew6:6, 18, 33
2. God puts a mark on their forehead, like He puts on all His servants, and they are exempted from destruction of any type. Ezekiel9:4, Revelation7:3.
Glory to God. Jesus is Lord!
OTHER RELATED PRAYERS
Short URL: http://www.prayersfire.com/?p=3349