Exodus 12:42:“Because the LORD kept vigil that night to bring them out of Egypt, on this night all the Israelites are to keep vigil to honor the LORD for the generations to come.”
Psalm 121:4:“Behold HE that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.”
Our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST kept the same vigil in the Garden of Gethsemane on the night HE was betrayed. Here HE warned the disciples and the BODY OF CHRIST to ‘watch and pray’ that we will not fall into temptation.
Let us examine some of the results that came by HIM keeping this vigil. Because HE watched and prayed:
- HE fulfilled ABBA FATHER’S will
- Zechariah 13:1 was fulfilled that says a fountain will be opened to house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity.
- HE bought men from every tribe and every nation by HIS blood
- Because HE watched and prayed we can approached the THRONE of GRACE boldly
- HE HIMSELF was able to stand and endure the gruesome suffering and pain and even a punishment and death that HE did not deserve
- Because HE watched and prayed HE received angelic assistance and GOD did not abandon HIM in the grave nor did GOD let HIM see decay.
It is written in 1 John 3:8 that the reason the SON of MAN came was to destroy the works of the devil. We have been warned that our adversary the devil is roaming around like a roaring lion, looking for whom he may devour, and also that while men slept the enemy came and sowed tares. The word of GOD does not return void, so 1John3:8 has been fulfilled. But the question now is why are we still in bondage? What has the enemy sown into our lives that hinders the manifestation of the freedom that GOD has worked out for us?
The promises of GOD are yes and amen in CHRIST (1 Corinthians 1:20) For our GOD does not lie! (Numbers 23:19) and what HE has promised HE is faithful to fulfill (Hebrews 10:23 and Isaiah 46:11bIsaiah 46:11b) We can also liken the promises in the New Covenant to GOD’S promises to the Israelites. HE has given them to us but we must engage in battle, spiritual battle to possess our possession. (Deuteronomy 2:24:). CHRIST has given us HIS seal of victory, and according to 2Corinthians 2:14 JESUS will always lead us in triumph. Let us examine a few scriptures on prayer.
– 2Chronicles 7:14:“If my people who are called by my NAME, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
– Psalm 34:17:“The righteous cry out and the LORD hears them; HE delivers them from all their troubles.”
– John 14:14:“You may ask me for anything in my NAME, and I will do it.”
In spite of all the promises and GOD’S faithfulness and commitment to set us free, to make HIS words manifest in our lives (Jeremiah 1:12) why are we stagnant? The words in Isaiah 43:22 should convict us, it says ‘ yet you have not called upon me O Jacob, you have not wearied yourselves for me O Israel’.
The LORD is still looking for those who will stand in the gap (Ezekiel 22:30), those who will cry out for the lost, those who are willing to corporate with heaven so our souls will not only be snatched out from the fire, but also we will enjoy the promises that GOD has purposed for us until CHRIST’S return.
Isaiah 42:22 says this is a people plundered and looted, all of them trapped in pits or hidden away in prisons. They have become plunder with no one to rescue them; they have been made loot, with no one to say, ‘Send them back.’
Where are the prayer warriors? SLEEPING!!!! Like Jonah (Jonah 1:5) whom because of disobedience found for himself a comfortable spot in the bottom of the ship and went into deep sleep! Or like the disciples whose eyes were heavy( Matthew 26:43) But the word is coming forth again to us the BODY OF CHRIST in the words of Isaiah 8:19 that when men tell you to consult mediums and spiritists who whisper and mutter should not a people inquire of their GOD? Or should this be as blatant as the question posed in Jonah 1:6..So the shipmaster came to him and said unto him, ‘what meanest thou o sleeper? Arise and call upon thy GOD, if so be that GOD will think upon us that we perish not.’
There has to be an outcry from the earth for GOD to move speedily on our behalf. (Genesis 18:21 and Exodus 2: 23-25)
Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble and HE saved them from their distress. HE sent forth HIS word and healed them. HE rescued them from the grave..
Because the LORD kept vigil that night HE brought them out of Egypt indeed and because CHRIST kept vigil in Gethsemane and commanded us watch and pray we are sure of our deliverance.
Wake up o sleeper, rise from the dead and CHRIST will shine on you
He who has an ear let him hear what the SPIRIT says to the churches..
TO THE GOD WHO ANSWERS BY FIRE BE ALL GLORY IN JESUS NAME AMEN.
LET OUR CRY BEGIN WITH THESE PRAYER POINTS
- Thank You Lord for making me more than a conqueror in the fierce battle against the adversaries of my soul.
- I receive power to keep vigil in honor of the Lord to impart my generation and propel my nation forward in Jesus name.
- Everything in me that is keeping me in spiritual slumber, catch fire in the name of Jesus.
- Every power casting the sleep of death upon me, carry your evil load and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every peril and destruction programmed into my dreams, arise! Go back and catch-up with your senders! in the name of Jesus.
- Thou Keeper of Israel, You neither sleep nor slumber, therefore watch over me and my family in the name of Jesus.
- Every power consulting medium for my sake, be confounded with your satanic priest at the evil altar, in Jesus’ name.
THANK YOU JESUS THAT YOU ARE COMMITTED TO BE WITH US TILL THE END.