People have told me to pray for their financial breakthroughs. If I pray for you and you don’t work it out by yourself, God will not answer such prayer. Another person cannot pray for you to have financial breakthrough and succeed unless you follow it up by giving. In fact you are to start giving before you pray.
TITHE and OFFERINGS: The tithe is the 10%(or one-tenth) of any money you earn or you are given; is not your own, it belongs to God. Failure to give it to God is regarded as robbery, and it is a curse. Do not eat your tithe. “Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, in what way have we robbed You? In tithe and offerings” Read Malachi3:8, 9. Your offerings are freely given. It can be any amount from the remaining 90%. However, to put more value on your tithe and offerings, make them the first part of the 100%. That is putting God first, honouring God. Read Proverbs3:9,10. There are many blessings in paying your tithe and offerings. Read Malachi3:10-12.
REWARD OF OBEDIENCE IN GIVING TITHE AND OFFERINGS:
1. God promises to “open the windows of heaven and pour out blessing, that there shall not be enough room to receive it”. Malachi3:10
2. God will rebuke devourer for your sakes and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground. Malachi3:11a
3. God will also ensure that “your vines do not cast her fruit before time in the field, says the LORD of hosts”. The LORD of hosts will also prevent you or your wife from having any miscarriage, in any project or pregnancy! When you see “LORD of hosts” backing God’s promise, know that He is ready to fight battle with whosoever wants to make His word of non-effect in your life. Malachi3:11b
4. “And all nations shall call you blessed: for you shall be a delightful land”, says the LORD of hosts”. Malachi3:12.
OTHER WAYS OF GIVING:
1. LENDING: This is giving to the less privileged people who want you to give them money with the hope of paying you back at a limited time. God is saying that you should not harden your heart nor shut your hand from your poor brother”, “but you shall open your hand wide to him and willingly lend him sufficient for his need, whatever he needs.” Deuteronomy15:7, 8. Verse10 tells us the reward of lending to people, “for this thing, the LORD your God will bless you in all your works and in all to which you put your hand.
2. ALMS: This is giving money, clothes or food, without the hope of getting it back from them. This is purely charity work. The word, “Alms” is only used in the New Testament. But in the Old Testament, they also gave to the poor, the fatherless and the widows. Here is a man who was giving alms always, “and said, Cornelus, your prayer has been heard and your alms are remembered in the sight of God.” Acts10:31. Add giving to the poor and needy when seeking the face of God for anything.
3. Give to the men and women of God, like the widow of Zarephath gave to Elijah and she never lacked. 1Kings17
4. Give to the work of the Lord, evangelism, church building (ReadHaggai 1), printing of tracts, and transportation.
5. Sacrificial Giving: Giving is not just when it is convinient, but also when it is not convenient. When you put the needs of your church or other people first before your own, this is sacrficial offering. God who gave Solomon, when he gave a thousand burnt offerings, an open cheque will also give you an open cheque when you give sacrificial offering. Can you give God a thousand Halleluyah? God delights in this, very greatly.
When you give cheerfully and willingly, God remembers your offerings in time of trouble and sicknesses, and he will send you help. Psalm20:3, 41:1-3. Whosoever sow bountifully will reap bontifully and God will give you a captivity turning in your finances, in the name Jesus.
1. My Father, I have given, let it be given back to me, according to your word, in Luke6:38, in the name of Jesus.
2. Father, open the windows of heaven for me before this year ends, in the name Jesus.
3. LORD of hosts, Arise and rebuke the devourer for me, in the name of Jesus.
4. Father, I commit the work of my hands to you, bless it and let your name be glorified, in the name of Jesus.
5. O Lord, Remember all my offerings in this time of trouble, in the name of Jesus.
Having done all, you are now to stand on the word of God and be praising Him. God will surely bless you after the order of Psalm126.
Glory to God. Jesus is Lord!