God promises to answer our prayers when we call on Him. There is this partcular Bible verse, “Call on Me and I will anwer you and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.” Jeremiah33:3 (NKJV). Some tag it God’s telephone number, but you should note from this verse that God also reveals things to us in prayers. Yet some people do not get answer or revelation when they pray.
For this reasons we want to examine few of the obstacles to answered prayers.
1. SIN: Sin will always seperate man from God. Sin seperated Adam and Eve from God and it is still doing so today for the disobedient. “Behold, the LORD’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear, But your iniquities have seperated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He will not hear.” Isaiah59:1, 2. Every disobedience to God and men over you is sin. If you want God to answer your prayers, do away with sin and ask God for forgiveness. Read Psalm51 and Psalm32. When sin goes, God will begin to answer you and guide you in all your ways.
2. UNFORGIVENESS: Stop holding down people in your heart. Forgive men when they offend you so that God can forgive you and answer your prayers. “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him so that your heavenly Father may forgive you your trespasses.” Mark11:25 (NKJV). Unforgiveness is an obstacle to answered prayer, so forgive everyone.
3. DISHONOURING SPOUSES: Men (and women) who dishonour their wives (and husbands) will get their prayers hindered, Read 1Peter3:7. If you fall into this category, stop it and begin to honour your spouses.
4. FORCES OF DARKNESS: The day Daniel, a greatly beloved of the Lord, began to pray, God sent his answer, but the answer did not get to him. And he persisted in prayer and fasting for three full weeks. God had to send an arch angel to assist the angel conveying the answer. God answers the prayer of His children, but demonic forces hold down the answer from getting to their hands. You must call on God for divine intervention, to send help to your angel. Read Daniel10.
5. INGRATITUDE: Always thank God for every blessing you get from God. When you thank Him for healing headache, He will heal heartache. Our God is awesome in praises. So praise Him all the time. Psalm67, 1Thessalonians5:15-18
Glory to God. Jesus is Lord!