Isaiah 62:6-7: “I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence, And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.”
Psalm 122:6-7: “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces. For my brethren and companions’ sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee”
Jeremiah 29:7: “Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.” [New International Version (©1984)]
Zechariah 1:17-21: “Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem. Then lifted I up mine eyes, and saw, and behold four horns. And I said unto the angel that talked with me, What be these? And he answered me, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem. And the LORD shewed me four carpenters. Then said I, What come these to do? And he spake, saying, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, so that no man did lift up his head: but these are come to fray them, to cast out the horns of the Gentiles, which lifted up their horn over the land of Judah to scatter it.”
Saying bye-bye to a dying year also involves setting new spiritual goals for the impending new year 2010. One of the things God will be doing in 2010 on this site is raising prayer eagles and relentless intercessors to establish the Love, the Touch, the Will of God over people, nations, leaders, situations. Now I have a release in my spirit to make this call openly for spiritual watchmen/women in the new year 2010.
I have watched with perplexing amazement how our site here prayersfire.com had grown and become a notable user-driven, highly-interactive and Holy Ghost-triggered site. There were days when I did not have to post any message or prayer points but just went to the comments section, reading and and laying my hands on the screen of my laptop groaning in prayer labours over the prayer request of visitors to the site for answers to their petition according to God’s will.
I had no business setting up a prayer site like this. I am not a pastor or any title-carrier in the church. Yes, it was a vision and heavenly mandate that produced the creation of this site, but the moral reason why I set up this site was to fulfil what I am teaching in search engine classes. I taught my students that content is king and that king would only be enthroned if they build a site around their passions.
I had to prove by practice what I taught them. I have a great passion for prayer and sharing the word of God, so prayersfifre.com was born but I never bargained for the awesome and tearful responses that the site’s content is generating. Prayersfire.com is not a full-time thing, its just my passion for God, but every time I devote some time for this so-called passion, I unconsciously set a divine mystery in motion that heavily rewards me in my secular full-time vocation.
There is a divine mystery about the ministry of watchmen and that is what I want to ignite in the new year by His grace. In a world plagued with hunger and needs that beg selfish attention of the victims, to labour selflessly in prayers for other peoples needs to be met by God is noble, but to be rewarded beyond what you have not prayed for about your own personal needs is awesome, and that has been my testimony in the last few years of discovery of this mystery, particularly in this year 2009.
The principal ministry of watchmen according to the anchor scripture of Isaiah 62:6-7 above is relentless intercession before God to make His Kingdom (you and I who are believers in Christ) great on the earth. The assignment of watchmen/women on prayersfire.com is to come to the site daily (day and night) and pray with passionate love for God to answer the petitions of saints written out as prayer requests on this site.
I know by the Spirit of God that some have taken up this ministry here and can even testify of how God had mysteriously rewarded their labour of love. Now Take these Prayer points with a driving passion in your heart:
- Every power on assignment to reduce and diminish the power of God in my life, DIE! in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost fire, consume every impurity in my life which may hinder me from being an effectual intercessor, in the name of Jesus.
- Love for others, love for Jerusalem, Love for Kingdom growth, Fall upon me afresh, in the name of Jesus.
- Fresh Fire from heaven, fill me again and again to the brim for effectual ministry, in the name of Jesus.
- Every scale over my eyes, fall down and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every stopper blocking my ears melt away by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every veil over my mind catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord my God, grant me seeing eyes and hearing ears, in the name of Jesus.
- Power to travail in love for the divine needs of others to be met speedily, fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.
- Power to prevail at the altar of effectual prayers, fall upon me now! in the name of Jesus.
- Every satanic cobweb spinned to hinder me at the altar of intercession, catch fire! in the name of Jesus.
- Heavenly carpenters! let your hammer of fire, fall upon every horn of wickedness bowing down the head of God’s people in shame, in Jesus’ name.
- The grace to finish the race of 2009, and finish well, fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.