Exodus 14:13: “And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will show to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever”.
Isaiah 43:18-19: “Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.”
One of the greatest bye-byes I found in world history was the one the Children of Israel waved to Pharaoh and the Egyptians. For the next seven days starting from Christmas Day tomorrow, God will be leading us daily with fasting and prayer to say bye-bye to every stubborn problems and wickedness that challenged our lives and Faith in God throughout 2009, but let me just share my views.
Looking through end of year appraisals by end-of-the-year writers recently points to a pattern whereby all the positives and negatives for the dying year were brought under scrutiny and judgements were passed on them. There have emerged many award winners like Man of the Year, Sportsperson of the Year, Athlete of the Year, FIFA Footballer of the Year, etc. etc.
I had my own share of glory for the year 2009 when I got nominated and voted DIGITAL Entrepreneur of the Year (West Africa Category) in far away Accra, Ghana sometime in September this year. In fact I carted home about three continental prizes from my professional calling as a search-engine optimizer this year.
I had no doubt that if there was such award as Best Religious/spiritual Blogsite of the Year, PRAYERSFIRE.COM would have unconsciously stumbled into it because we came from almost zero to be in the league of Top 20 Most-Read and Most-Visited Websites in Nigeria this year, beating many popular national dailies.
Fortunately for us, this is not a season for self-glorification. In Philippians 3:13-15, Apostle Paul said: “Brothers and sisters, I can’t consider myself a winner yet. This is what I do: I don’t look back, I lengthen my stride, and I run straight toward the goal to win the prize that God’s heavenly call offers in Christ Jesus. Whoever has a mature faith should think this way. And if you think differently, God will show you how to think.” [GOD’S WORD® Translation (©1995)]
The King James Version put it this way: “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.”
For me, the above liberating scripture taught me how to cross-over to new and better things God has for us. Were there hurts and pains, defeats and unbearable delays, or stubborn circumstances and challenges that dogged our lives and perhaps bogged us down many times or almost throughout the ending year 2009? Ok, your case may not even be in the similitude of disappointments mentioned above, yours may be one of those few all-round good success stories and high-flying testimonies in the year 2009. I have a message from Heaven for both group – the hurting and the hotshots of 2009: DENY YOUR PROBLEMS THE CROWN OF THE YEAR! BURY YOUR CHALLENGES WITH THE HOT SANDS OF 2009!! SET YOUR EYES ON THE NEW PRIZE FOR 2010!!!
That story of amazing bye-bye is the most popular in world history. We are not going to retell that story but God Himself will make that spectacular deliverance experience real in our lives this season and in the new year 2010, in Jesus’ name. Did you know why? All that was needed to free the children of Israel were 10 plagues, and we are approaching a year with that figure ten (2010).
Listen, what God will do in your life in 2010 would make all your testimonies in 2009 become like dust trampled upon. I am getting ready to go for it with all my God-given might. Raise your right hand to the heavenlies and shout these prayers… (wait, let me warn you before you do that, these prayers you are about to pray will bring you unbelievable freedom from every bad and sinful habits that have enslaved you for years… I can’t stop the free flowing tears from my eyes for what I see God doing through this site in our freedom march into our promised land in 2010…).
- O God that delivered Israel from the house of bondage, SHOW ME YOUR POWER that killed Pharaoh, in the name of Jesus.
- The ten plagues from God that devastated Egypt, FIGHT FOR ME! FIGHT FOR ME!! FIGHT FOR ME!!! in the name of Jesus.
- Thou Right Hand of God that doeth valiantly, APPEAR in my situation!!! in the name of Jesus.
- Power of sinful bad habits (you can mention them by name if you know them, lusts, smoking, lying, adultery, fornication, etc), holding me captive, hear the word of the Lord: LET ME GO NOW!!!
- Chains of ancestral slavery that prevented me from becoming a testimony, your time is up! B-R-E-A-K!!!!!!!!!!!! in the name of Jesus.
the next two prayers are prayers of spiritual exchange, 2009 must vomit and must swallow some things.
- 2009, you will not die with my blessings, therefore, VOMIT THEM before you die in the next seven days!!! (repeatedly emphasize the words VOMIT THEM, VOMIT THEM, VOMIT THEM,) in the name of Jesus.
- All the problems that afflicted and tried me in 2009, I bury you in 2009, you shall not cross-over with me into 2010, in the name of Jesus.
- By the power that buried Pharaoh and the Egyptian army in the red sea, O God Arise and bury my stubborn afflictions with 2009, in the name of Jesus.