Dr. Daniel Olukoya
I was to have published this story under the title: “HABA PASTOR!” for the records on 15th December, 2009. I had to wait till after my face-to-face encounter, after church service on Sunday 20th December, 2009, with the author of the letter below. That meeting has been very illuminating and in some ways fruitful too. I will give you my views after you must have read the letter, which is the crux of the matter on hand
From: Samuel Gbemisolaoluwa
Date: Monday, December 7, 2009, 7:05 PM
Good day, Mr. Ojikutu. Someone called my attention to your website www.prayersfire.com. I wish to know who gave you the permission to be posting Dr. Olukoya’s mesages on the net – most especially current messages. And also posting our books on the internet. Its like you seem not to know the implication of what you are doing. When you post current messages and new books online, how do we sell the tapes and the books? Please, respond to this mail ASAP. Thanks.
Regional Overseer (Special Duties)
Information Technology and Publications (2348033060073)
That letter republished above was the beginning of what initially presumed to be a spiritual persecution. I initially ignored the letter for many reasons, among which were the fact that:
- I have been publishing Dr. Olukoya’s messages online since 16th April, 2006, and
- I was the first to report myself to Dr. Daniel Olukoya when the deft skills of social web optimization brought so much visitor-traffic and questions from visitors beyond which I could answer, I had to report myself by way of directing those questions like
those who want to pay tithes but there is no MFM church in their countries like Haiti, Fiji Islands, etc. Even people from U.K. which has quite a good population of MFM Churches, some people still wanted to give prophet offerings to Dr. Olukoya, Others wanted MFM church to be planted in their countries and were asking questions, others were asking questions for example from Pretoria in South Africa that the MFM church in that city has relocated and the MFM website still posted the old/former address.
When the writer of the above letter now called me on phone to vehemently protest the continued publication of Dr. Olukoya’s works, I had to fix a meeting with him for Sunday 20th December after the service at the international headquarters of MFM Church.
I am back from the meeting with Pastor Samuel Gbemisolaoluwa, and I am better informed. The outcome of the meeting is stated herein:
- Fundamentally the pastor has agreed that there is no issue with the prayer points and messages.
- The crux of the meeting centered on PUBLISHED and COPYRIGHTED BOOKS!
- It is illegal according to copyright laws to publish contents wholly or partially without the express approval and permission of the owner of that content.
- I have therefore withdrawn from publishing contents from books, tapes, CDs and pamphlets like: 70 Days prayer and fasting, Pray Your Way Into the New Year 2010, etc and similar works of Dr. Daniel Olukoya
- At best, I will give you extracts, teasers, and reviews of such publications without divulging the full or detail content, rather directing you to buy or get your copy of such works.
- Since we have no restrain from sharing Dr. Olukoya’s sermons and prayer points with you, I will as and when enabled by the Holy Ghost continue to share them in future with you.
- Most importantly, you will never lack the abundance of messages and prayer points vomited by the Holy Ghost to me on this site. In fact with this new dimension, you will have more and more of contents directly from me as given freely by the Holy Ghost, from now on.
- I have been assigned by the Pastor to help out in monetizing MFM Church website, particularly in the area of sales of Dr. Olukoya’s Books on Amazon.
This in brief is what I can disclose to you. I will delete particularly a part of the current PRAY YOUR WAY TO 2010 Prayer points by Dr. Olukoya.