Dr. Daniel Olukoya, always bubbling in the new wine of the Holy Ghost, taught us a new song as he mounted the pulpit this morning and fired the first prayer point thus:
Terrible battles, assigned against my life, SWALLOW your senders, in the name of Jesus.
Reading from Acts 8:26-40 he methodically exposed the wrong assumption that Christianity was an imported religion by Europeans and American into Africa. It is time to re-write our history by shattering the false assumptions about Africans with the truth of the Gospel. The gospel came to Africa long before Europe became Christian or before America was founded. The problem was that Africa backslided into idolatry after we lost the pentecostal fire.
The Ethiopian eunuch after his encounter with the Holy Ghost through Philip brought the gospel to Africa. The man of God opened the well of prophecy saying:
- “The man or woman that would move your destiny forward would join your chariot, in the name of Jesus.”
- “May someone that would transform your life join you, in the name of Jesus.”
He gave us some hard facts about Christianity and Africa:
- Without the involvement of ancient Africans, there would have been no Christianity today.
- Without the involvement of ancient Africans, it is possible that there would have been no nation called Israel today.
- Christianity has existed in Africa for over 2,000 years.
- Christianity got to Africa before it got to Europe and America.
- Africa was the first place the Christian church existed outside Palestine.
- The oldest Christian denomination in the world today is not in Europe but in Africa (The Ethiopian Orthodox Church).
- Culturally speaking, Christianity is more African than European.
- Biblically speaking, there are many prominent Africans who contributed significantly in the making of Christianity.
- Moses was born and educated in Africa. Aaron, Miriam, Joshua and Caleb were all born and came out of Africa, they were of African nationality by birth.
- Keturah – wife of Abraham is of African origin, Hagar was African, Ziporah – wife of Moses was African, Jethro was African, Hobab who guided Isralites in Number chapter 10 out of the wilderness was African. Asenath wife of Joseph was an African, Rahab the harlot from whose lineage Jesus chose to come was an African, Ebed-melech the Ethiopian saved prophet Jeremiah from the dungeon of well where he was thrown. Simon of Cyrene, A black African, helped to carry the cross of Jesus to the place of crucifixion. The parents of baby Jesus, were instructed to flee to Africa (Egypt) for refuge when Herod was killing all male children in Israel. All those who crossed the red sea were Africans by birth and in origin.
- The garden of Eden was geo-located in an area whose climate is now proven and called Africa.
Africa has the world’s richest deposits of natural resources, but when we strayed away from the gospel, we went backward and began to starve and begged. Almost all countries in Africa were colonised by distant nations (France, Great Britain, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Portugal, Spain), except Ethiopia. When we dropped the fire of the gospel, we lost our nations. Our harvests were stolen away by ex-convicts, social and political misfits who were sent to colonize us.
Our university of Timbuktu was wiped off. Zulu and other African kingdom vanished. Our backsliding from the gospel brought us into judgement and enslavement. From the sugarcane plantaions and factories, there is still another form of African slavery today, in a greater plantation. African Professors of Medicine work under their students abroad, Doctors of Economics become dish washers, Masters in Sociology are security gatemen. African Chatered accountants become taxi cab drivers abroad.
In Isaiah chapter 3 verses 1-5, God chose a strange punishment and judgement for backsliding into idolatry: God removed the leaders making them slaves to babies in foreing lands. God made such nations leaderless. All the problems of Africa can be surmarised under one word: LEADERSHIP!!! A leaderless people is an evidence of God’s anger. A quarter of the black-skinned race are Nigerians.
There is a divine controversy against Africa: IDOL WORSHIP! This is what led to about 75 spiritual problems that troubles Africa. An idol is anything you place before or beside God and which you cannot drop. idolatry is one sin whose punishment is generational according to the bible in Exodus 20:4-6: the sins of the fathers producing serious and devastating consequences for unborn children.
Idolatry has enthroned over 75 mad spiris troubling Africa, among which are:
- spirit of slavery,
- dream and home manipulation,
- evil spiritual marriage,
- household wickedness,
- collective captivity,
- spirit of wastages and anti-maintenance spirits,
- sacrifice and pouring of libation,
- ear and nose piercing,
- familiar and poligamous spirits,
- territorial spirits and geographical strongmen,
- blood covenants,
- land covenants,
- marine powers,
- destructive charms and incantations,
- evil altars,
- polluted thrones,
- buried virtues,
- spells, jinxes and enchantments,
- star hunters,
- star gazers,
- demonic cultural festivals,
- blood money,
- evil gates,
- polluted wealth,
- ground spirits,
- forest spirits,
- ancestral strongmen,
- eaters of flesh and drinkers of blood,
- evil praise name,
- cross-road spirits,
- palace spirits,
- transfer of virtues,
- crab spirits,
- satanic worship,
- cemetary of good things,
- starvation and famine,
- tribal and ethnic conflicts,
- civil wars,
- black versus black conflicts,
- abuse of women,
- preventive diseases,
- etc. etc.
All of us must repent individually and collectively as well as repent of the idolatry sins of our ancestors. We need individual deliverance, collective deliverance and continental deliverance from the evil consequences of idolatry.
In 1977 in Nigerian Government hosted what it called the World Festival of Black Arts and Culture (FESTAC 77). That was what triggered the new phase of terrible problems in Nigeria. One man called Chief Obafemi Awolowo warned them no to host that demonic jamboree. He said it was a show and parade of our crude primitivity. That the Government should vote that money meant for FESTAC 77 for education, but they refused to listen to him. We invited all deformed and active demonic altars of our ancestors and renewed covenant with them.
KEYS TO DELIVERANCE FROM IDOLATRY
- We must surrender our lives to Christ Jesus and be born again.
- We must repent from all known sins,
- We must humble ourselves, we are too proud for God to use,
- We must pray deep prayers from the heart,
- We must seek the face of the Lord;
- We must turn from our wickedness,
- We must abandon all those dumb idols of our forefathers;
- We must call solemn assemblies for prayers. (marathon prayers would be called in the new year 2010 at the prayer city).
- We must raise watchmen in major cities who can intercede for such cities,
- We must speak destruction unto both deformed and active altars. Africa has the largest number of altars in the world. (evil altars are actively behind the orgy of violence in the Niger Delta).
- We must abandon evil cultural festivals and embrace the good ones.
- We must also pray out the bad leaders of our nations,
- We must organise territorial deliverance for our land (lands where no good thing prosper there).
- We must also abandon non-sacrificial ice-cream Christianity.
- We must design strategies for dealing with environmental household wickedness;
- We must take the battle to the heavenlies,
- We must go for individual and collective deliverance.
- We must break the curses of idolatry,
- We must go back to primitive Christianity handed over to us by our fathers. (holiness within and without).
- We must methodically reject slavery by becoming self-suficient, break the import dependency syndromme.
- We must carry the battle to the waters (against marine powers).
- We must imbibe the reading culture.
- We must pray detribalizing prayers, de-patterning prayers;
- We must break free from the village anointing that makes us local champions when we are actually loaded with international talents.
- We must fight on our knees and not just argue on our feet.
- Every idol of my father’s house assigned to demote me, I bury your power now, in the name of Jesus.
- Any curse under which I labour, I cancel you by fire! in the name of Jesus.
- Every curse of backwardness, hear the word of the Lord: DIE!!! in the name of Jesus.
- Powers dragging me behind my divine level, DIE!!! in the name of Jesus.
- Blockages!!! on the way to my promised land, CLEAR AWAY!!! in the name of Jesus.
- Witchcraft prophecies against my destiny, BACKFIRE!!! in the name of Jesus.
- Every power demoting Africa! Every power demoting Nigeria!! DIE!!! in the name of Jesus.
- My hands, hear the word of the Lord: PROSPER BY FIRE!!! in the name of Jesus.
- Every blessing, Every virtue, Every breakthrough, that my ancestors have lost, I re-possess them by FIRE!!! in the name of Jesus.