How To Pray When Under Attack – Dr. Daniel Olukoya
Christians are the prime targets of the devil, the common enemy of mankind. Now more than ever, he unleashes his rage and destruction against people because he knows that his time is short. Christians especially experience strange attacks, both physical and spiritual, day and night.
In such conditions, we are not expected to be helpless or defenceless, rather, we are supposed to pray and subdue the enemies who have come to attack us, and quench them as the fire of thorns.
Isaiah 59:19: “So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the West and His glory from the rising of the sun. when the enemy shall come in like a flood, the spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.”
Exodus 14:7-14: “And he took six hundred chosen chariots and all the chariots of Egypt and captains over everyone of them and the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh, King of Egypt and he pursued after the children of Israel:; and the children of Israel went out with an high hand. But the Egyptians pursued after them all the horses and chariots of Pharaoh and his horsemen and his army and overtook them encamping by the sea beside Pihahiroth before Baalzephon. And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes and behold the Egyptians marched after them and they were sore afraid and the children of Israel cried out unto the Lord. And they said unto Moses: Because there were no graves in Egypt hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? Wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us to carry us forth out of Egypt. Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying: “Let us alone that we may serve the Egyptians|?” “For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.” And Moses said unto the people: “Fear ye not, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again no more for ever. The Lord shall fight for you and ye shall hold your peace.”
As long as a person is alive, he will always face attacks, especially if the person is a Christian. You may wonder why you should be under attack.
You must understand the mysteries of life; once you are a child of destiny, you come under attacks. You don’t have to offend anybody nor go against any law.
Joseph came under attacks first, because of his dreams and later in Egypt, because he refused to commit an offence against his master and sin against God.
When a person comes under attacks, he would have decisions to take and most times, people take wrong decisions which compound their problems.
In the text above, Israel was under attack. Although born in the cradle of miracles, they found themselves in the midst of problems. They marched forward but got to a standstill and did not know their door of escape.
They could not go further; the pillar that was leading them had led them to a seeming destruction: in front was the Red Sea and behind was the host of Egypt as well as Pharaoh himself.
On the right and the left were insurmountable rocks. Behind them, was the raging foe pursuing, ready to attack and devour them; surely this was a time when hope would naturally die.
If you are a man or woman of destiny you would have identified with the above description. There would have been a time when you were attacked from all sides or you may be going through that attack.
Perhaps, for many years, the devil has been using you to fabricate bricks for his building and you have found a way of escape by giving your life to the Lord Jesus Christ. All of a sudden fresh problems came up against you at once.
In Isaiah 59:19, the Scripture says, “When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him. “
Why is it that you find yourself under attack because you are praying?
What do you do when these attacks come against you? Pray kinds of prayers to be prayed when under attacks.
PRAYERS TO BE PRAYED WHEN UNDER ATTACK
1. Praise – Exalt the Lord: When Paul and Silas were in the prison, they praised the Lord with all their hearts and the earthquake of deliverance descended upon the whole prison and the chains that bound them broke.
2. Bind every spirit of fear: That is bind the powers that will make you panic Psalm 46:10 reads,”Be still and know that I am God I will be exalted among the heathen I will be exalted in the earth.”
If you don’t bind the spirit of fear and panic, you will make more destructive mistakes. You will do terrible things that will worsen the situation. Then, the weapon of surprise by the enemy will catch up with you.
3. Ask God for wisdom concerning the steps to take and the decisions to make: Ask Him what he want you to learn in the situation. When there is a crisis- there is concentrated information, which you have to analyze with wisdom. Pray for divine wisdom in any situation for find yourself.
4. Pray that the power of god should move in the situation.
5. Pray warfare prayers: The Bible says, ”Submit yourselves therefore to God Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” When you are a real fighter, you intimidate the enemy. Use your weapons o warfare; the word of God, the fire of God, Angels of God, the Blood of Jesus; to fight back and launch a counter attack against the enemy that wants to deal with you.
6. Pray that it is the enemy that must surrender and not you.
Be determined to fight through and the Lord will raise a standard against him.
The text in Isaiah 59:19 is actually saying that when the enemy comes against you, the spirit of God will come like a flood and raise up a standard against the enemy. Many people interpret it to mean the enemy rising up like a flood.
A BASIC CONDITON: YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN
The prayers you are going to pray would wage war against the enemy but I want you to surrender your life to the Lord Jesus Christ if you have not done so.
See yourself as a sinner, repent of your sins and ask Him to forgive you. Name those sins one after the other and forsake them. Ask the Lord to cleanse you with His blood which was shed on the cross at Calvary for your sins. Enthrone Him over your life and turn away from the world. Decide to follow Him for ever with all your heart. Say good-bye to the devil and the world.
Now that you have taken this important decision, the Lord will uphold you with his hand of righteousness and you will be able to stand against the wiles of the devil, in the name of Jesus.
You have an opportunity today to make your Pharaoh sink in the Red Sea and to disgrace all your oppressors.
The prayers you are going to pray will cause deliverance in the head and the internal organs. They will repair every rotten part of your life and make infirmities to jump out.
Pray fervently and with all your heart. Don’t be alarmed by what you fee afterwards. Concentrate and allow God to work .
In Obadiah 1:17, the Bible says: “Upon mount Zion, there shall be deliverance and there shall be holiness and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.”
- Every foundational altar, speaking against my destiny, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Thou star of my destiny, come out of that witchcraft cage by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every manipulation of my blessings by unfriendly friends, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Promotion power, envelope my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- 2002, (mention the name of the year you are in if it is not 2002), hear me and hear me well, you must deliver my breakthroughs, in the name of Jesus.
- Power of the valley in my dream life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every rag of poverty in my family line, die, by fire in the name of Jesus.
- Thou cycle of hardship break, in the name of Jesus.
- Anointing to prosper under any condition, locate me by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- The Lord shall perfect everything concerning my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power of enchantment in my life, die, in the name of Jesus .
- Affliction shall not rise again in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I rebel against the power of demotion in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- You the vehicle of my life, catch Holy Ghost fire and become uncomfortable for any evil driver.
- Father Lord, re-charge the battery of my life, with your fire of solution, in Jesus’ name.
- Any gate of hell contending against the progress of God in my life be dismantled by the Holy Ghost fire, in Jesus’ name.
- Every unrepentant wicked enemy assigned to cut off the blade of my life, be terminated by fire, in Jesus’ name.
- Any account of rejection and impossibility opened against my divine destiny, I liquidate you by fire, in Jesus’ name.
- Every scale of the enemy blocking the vision of my life, I shake you off into the fire of burning, in Jesus’ name.
- My star, don’t sit down, arise and shine, in the name of Jesus.
- Star of my destiny, reject every bewitchment, in the name of Jesus.