Another chapter of revelation and deep conviction was wrought by this evening’s message about the tribe of Ephraim by Dr. Daniel Olukoya, at the Wednesday Mid-Week service, at the international headquarters of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM), Lagos Nigeria.
Ministers led us to pray these hot prayer points at the beginning of the service:
- Idols of my father’s house holding my life captive, DIE! in the name of Jesus.
- Any power attacking my angels of blessings, you hour of judgement has come! DIE!! in the name of Jesus.
- Every strongman of my father’s house hindering my progress, DIE! in the name of Jesus.
- Any power standing between me and my success you are a failure! DIE!! in the name of Jesus.
- My MIRACLE!!! Wherever you are! APPEAR!!! in the name of Jesus.
- By Fire! By Force!! I move to the next level, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power anywhere, assigned to attack the source of my daily bread, DIE! in the name of Jesus.
By the time Dr. Daniel Olukoya mounted the pulpit the atmosphere was already electrified, and he ignited the power arena with four explosive prayers thus:
- O God Arise, and give me a strong reason to celebrate and laugh this year! in the name of Jesus.
- My Father! Show me the secret to my next level! in the name of Jesus.
- Every month of this year, shall be a disappointment to my enemies! in the name of Jesus.
- Every serpent assigned to bite my destiny, DIE! in the name of Jesus.
Anchor scripture: Psalms 78:9-11: “The children of Ephraim, being armed, and carrying bows, turned back in the day of battle. They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law. And forgat his works, and his wonders that he had shewed them.”
Ephraim was the youngest son of Joseph. Hebrew meaning of Ephraim is: ‘God has made me fruitful in the land of my affliction’. Great men and leaders came out of the tribe of Ephraim. Joshua, Gideon and prophet Samuel came from that tribe. That was the most dominant tribe in Israel. They were located in the most fertile and ideal location in Israel. A spiritually strategic location that contains Shechem and Shiloh, the two centers of worship of Jehovah in Israel. They are agile and possess unrivalled military skills.
Unfortunately this tribe back-slided into fear, and lost all those heritage they had with God. That is a warning to us in the Church today. That you have a strong or wealthy past does not always secure a good future for you. You must not live on yesterday’s blessings.
We must remember that there is no crown without a cross. No winner without a battle; and no victor without a warfare. Dr. Olukoya showed us that the many characteristics of the offspring of Ephraim in the church today. Ephraim pastors, Ephraim ushers, Ephraim choristers, Ephraim members. They always want the easy and cheap way out. They always attach strings to whatever they give to God. They were armed and equipped, they possess energy for service but they feel insecure and remain inactive. He prophetically prayed for us that any one among us who is being tormented by the spirit of Ephraim will be set free! (AMEN).
He cited the examples in the past when he called for volunteers for mission work. From a group of over 100 on Day 1, after being exposed to the rugged life of a missionary on the mission jungle (e.g. no beverages, no CNN TV, scarce comfort with little or no pleasures, no insecticide to ward away mosquitoes, peril of lions and wild animals, etc, that crowd reduced to 10 by Day 2. He said those were Ephraimites. He said the judgement of God would be terrible on a person who, instead of converting unbelievers to salvation, was caught sleeping with them.
He said Ephraimites look always to the Hands of God for what they could collect from Him. They never once bother to look at His face. If they had looked, they would have seen that God was sad because of the plenty harvest and few labourers. The few labourers are still fighting themselves. He even said that 90% of those who move the MFM church forward today are women, Not Men! I felt challenged by that statement. What that means is that we men have gone to slumber in the tabernacle of Ephraim. May God help and restore us. Amen.
Hosea 7:8-11: Ephraim, he hath mixed himself among the people; Ephraim is a cake not turned. Strangers have devoured his strength and he knoweth it not: …
Ephraimites preach or listen to messages but are not convicted nor converted by the power of repentance. They continue to wallow in pet sins and refuse to change their ways.
Finally Dr. Olukoya, showed us why Ephraimites lost their destinies. Psalms 78:10-11 – They kept not the covenant of God and forsook His law. He warned that every time we refuse to walk in the covenant of God, it would lead to spiritual robbery of our destinies!
He admonish us to pray repositioning prayers like the biblical Daniel and also re-write our family history by violent prayers for things to work well.
- Power of Ephraim of my father’s house, DIE! in the name of Jesus.
- Every power swallowing my resources, DIE! in the name of Jesus.
- Every satanic panel set up against me, DIE! in the name of Jesus.
- Delayed breakthroughs! Delayed promotions!! MANIFEST by Fire!!! in the name of Jesus.
- Every power discouraging me, DIE! in the name of Jesus.
- Sorrow and tears, I uproot you from my life! in the name of Jesus.